MV Band Day 2018
*If you are registered for Band Day and have not received an email from us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org*
Welcome to the 2018 Marching Virginians Band Day! This event is a day where The Marching Virginians welcome high school students to join us on the field for a halftime performance at Lane Stadium in front of nearly 66,000 people. We look forward to having you on campus for a great day of Hokie football and an exciting performance.
This year, MV Band Day is during our home season opener against William & Mary on September 8th. Tickets for student participants are $35, which includes admission to the game, lunch, and a commemorative t-shirt. Family and guests may purchase individual tickets for $50 now and guarantee that their tickets will be grouped near student seats. Families can also wait until August 21st to buy a Fan 4 Pack for $100 through the Athletics Ticket Office. The Fan 4 Pack includes 4 tickets, but may not be near the student seats.
If your student needs ADA seating, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make arrangements for you through the Athletics Ticket Office. If family or friends need ADA seating, they must make arrangements for themselves through the Athletics Ticket Office.
Athletics Ticket Office contact information:
- 1 (800) VA TECH4 or (540) 231-6731
For other important game day details, be sure to check out HokieSports.com the week of the game!
Can I still register?
- Registration for Band Day 2018 has closed. We hope to see you next year! Registration is typically open from mid-June to mid-August.
What does my student need to bring?
- Students should bring their instrument, marching band uniform, lyre, and flip book with music printed out from this website. Rain gear and money for concessions are also recommended!
What time should my student arrive at the Marching Virginians Center (MVC)?
- Registration is open from 8am to 10:30am. Full band rehearsal will begin at 10:30am.
Where can I pick up tickets?
- Pre-purchased guest tickets will be available for pick-up at the MVC during registration!
Where should I drop off my student?
- Because access to the Chicken Hill Lot will be closed, there will be a drop-off and turn-around location across Southgate Drive from the lot. You can find this location in the yellow circle on the campus map on the website and attached to the email you received on August 14th! Instruments will also be able to be dropped off at this location and brought up to the MVC via a golf cart run by members of our band service sorority and fraternity.
Where should I park?
- There is a Game Day parking guide from the university linked above. There are shuttles provided by Blacksburg Transit between remote parking and Lane Stadium.
Who is lunch provided for?
- Lunch will be provided for all Band Day student participants. There are many food options in downtown Blacksburg and concessions in the stadium for parents and guests.
What is there for parents to do during rehearsal?
- We encourage you to walk around and explore our beautiful campus during this time!
My child plays in front ensemble, what should they do?
- The Marching Virginians do not have a front ensemble, so your student is encouraged to bring crash cymbals to join our drumline on the field!
I registered for Band Day but am unable to attend. Can my payment be refunded?
- Unfortunately, the Marching Virginians are unable to refund the price of tickets for the game. We are able to refund the cover fee for student tickets which is $10 but guest tickets are nonrefundable.